Update 2.6.1 has arrived for Sea of Thieves and here is the complete list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The game has started receiving many updates recently, which shows the hard work of the developers. We saw a season update last month and this season is still on course. The new update we are talking about is not a season update but has a long list of patch notes. The download size of the update is also huge; we have compiled all the details you should know about this update. Here’s everything new with Sea of Thieves 2.6.1 update and patch notes.
Sea of Thieves 2.6.1 Update Notes
Captains of Adventure
A set of new Captain’s Voyages: Captain’s Stash Voyages has landed in the ship shop. These give captains and their crew a chance to find a variety of items and crates that will be useful to all professional pirates in the Sea of Thieves.
Players have a chance to find resource crates, firebomb crates, ammo crates, gunpowder barrels, tridents, skulls from the Ashen Winds, and even new paths. How to recruit demons in Soul Hackers 2
Previously forbidden milestones
- Captains and their crew can now gain progress towards a number of previously unavailable player and ship milestones:
- Completing Quest Plan Maps now progresses to Completing Ship and Pirate Milestone Quest Plan Maps.
- Captain ship discovery now advances to Ship Tracking and Pirate milestones.
- Selling items to The Hunter’s Call now progresses in Provisions Sold to The Hunter’s Call Ship and Pirate Milestones.
- Looting Sea Forts now progress to Sea Forts captured ship and pirate milestones.
- Carrying out basic ship maintenance is now progressing towards the pirate repair milestone.
Skeletons Vanquished Milestones
An issue was identified that caused the Milestone of defeated pirates and Skeletons defeated by the milestone of ship crews to progress faster than intended for larger crews. While this issue is now fixed, with update 2.6.1 individual totals have been reset to ensure the totals are correct for all players moving forward.
Sea of Thieves 2.6.1 Update Patch Notes – Events:
Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season Seven with Twitch Drops! Stay tuned to Sea of Thieves social channels to find out when Twitch Drops will go live for partner streamers, allowing players to earn Eastern Winds Sapphire items. Learn how to link your accounts and more on our dedicated Twitch Drops page.
Made mesh improvements to player shot placement and timing, providing a small hit registration improvement for ranged weapons when firing at players on islands. Call of Duty Warzone: Error Fixing and Other Updates
Sunken statues of Merfolk
Crews who deposit treasure in sunken merfolk statues while surfacing beneath the waves find that friendly merfolk now appear closer to the ship to make it easier to find the treasure.
Feed the pigs!
Trapped pigs will now take slightly longer to become hungry, and the time for these hungry pigs to subsequently die has also been increased.
Sea of Thieves 2.6.1 Update Notes – Fixed Issues
Breath of the Sea can now be found on a pedestal in the Shrine of the Coral Tomb after completing its intended actions.
When fishing, name tags now appear on all news caught, and if narration is enabled, it will also be narrated.
Captains of Adventure
- Players will no longer be able to delete items that are placed in collectible chests while holding another Captain’s Journal.
- Captain’s Voyages can now be discarded from the Captain’s Bookshelf and will no longer return when starting the next Captain session.
- When Captains set sail in a new game session, they will now find that the ship’s history in the Captain’s Log shows the correct Days at Sea value.
- Players will now experience a cooldown when purchasing supplies from the boatman at Dagger Tooth Outpost.
- Captains sailing on Steam should no longer receive notifications that the captain has left the crew when the captain is still present.
- The ship’s name is now displayed correctly when designing a route on the captain’s table.
- Players who join an ongoing captain session will now be able to see additional ship banners when viewing other ships.
- When multiple crew members equip different ship banners, only the last one selected will now be displayed.
- The ship banner that players receive when they equip a new banner will no longer play while they are still in the customization chest.
- The correct sails used for the ship will now appear in the Ship Log menu.
- Correct sound effects can now be heard when storing items in the ship customization chest.
- After migrating between servers, the scrolls on the captain’s shelf no longer disappear from view.
- If the captain leaves the game, one of the crew members will no longer appear as the captain in the log.
- Mermaids should no longer appear near the Sovereign tent at Plunder and Sanctuary bases when players approach the edge of the Island.
- After a captainless ship sinks and is restored, the chest and flag box will no longer display saved icons from the previous captain session.
- Voyage Complete banners will now only appear when a Cargo Run has actually been completed and not when the player is picking up the required cargo.
- Players should no longer experience lag when interacting with the Captain’s Journal when traveling through the Tunnels of the Damned for the first time.
- Players who disable “Auto-Vote for Route Suggestion” will now find that the captain’s route suggestion will no longer automatically vote for the route.
- Completing the Captain’s Journey titled A Commission of the Ancient Veil now counts towards the True Legend Commendation award.
- Players will no longer be blinded when sword lunging at the captain’s table and then attempting to interact with the captain’s journal.
- Ship names using special characters now display correct capitalization on ship announcement banners.
- The Trinket point on the lower deck wall of the galleon no longer overlaps with the hull damage point.
- Captains who select the “Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life” option from the front will now be placed near the Castaway.
- Athena’s Fortune Treasure is now consistently obtainable from the Ashen Fortune Voyage commission.
- Mr. Barnaby’s dialogue has been updated to use the intended text.
- Player ship names will no longer appear on another crew’s Path design.
- Ship names should now be easier to read when clear ship cosmetics are applied.
- A Voyage named A Prized Merchant Alliance Commission now displays the correct icon.
- Strings that appear above locked content are now displayed as scheduled.
- Players who experience a failed ship purchase will no longer be returned to the ship type selection screen.
- Captains with a customized logbook will still find their logbook displayed correctly after migrating between servers.
Captains of Adventure – Milestones
- Some milestones no longer advance more than intended when multiple crew members are in session.
- Completing a Skeleton Fort will no longer incorrectly update Fort of the Damned Completed Milestones. iPhone 13 Pro VS Xiaomi 12 Pro: features, differences and prices
- Repeatedly burying and digging up a single piece of loot will no longer help players reach milestones on Quest Board maps faster than intended.
- Completing “The Legendary Storyteller” Tall Tale now updates the correct milestones.
- Krakens Defeated Milestone can now be obtained by other crew members.
- Sold treasure milestones will now update correctly and consistently for both captain and crew.
- Ship captains milestone will no longer update incorrectly when using a new captain ship for the first time and then migrating servers.
- Completing the Ashen Captain’s Voyage will now increase completed Devil’s Roar Quest milestones as intended.
- The Milestone Class Navy Days announcement now displays the correct text.
- The Skeleton Forts Conquered Milestone now continuously updates when the crew unlocks the Vault door.
- Completing the Cargo Run Voyage for Athena’s Fortune will no longer incorrectly update Athena’s Fortune Quests completed milestones.
- Handing over treasure to monarchs will no longer only update the milestone of giving to the monarchs, but also update the milestones of the respective trading companies.
- Completing an Ashen Mercenary command for captained ships or A Commission of Ashen Fortune now updates the correct milestones.
- Burning meat or fish now correctly updates the cooked stipulation milestone.
- When a Days at Sea milestone is pinned, the correct icon will appear in the captain’s log.
- The notification banner for getting a class in Trips to the Ferry of the Damned Milestone now has the correct text.
- Players will no longer be able to walk over some Ghost Garrison walls during Legend of the Veil Voyage.
- Players who get stuck under the pier near the shipwright at the New Golden Sands base will no longer appear under the map.
- Players can no longer get stuck between two rocks in Sunken Grove.
- Players can no longer walk through the wooden railing in Tavern of the Damned.
- Players can no longer go under the rock textures of the southern cliff at Lookout Point.
- Players can no longer intersect with a section of wooden fence near the entrance to The Reaper’s Hideout.
- Players can no longer cross the fence on the stairs leading to the upper deck of the sloop.
- Players will no longer be able to get through the door to the Coral Fortress when using a rowboat with a harpoon.
- Small items placed or dropped on Rum Runner Island will now be more visible to players instead of appearing under the surface of the sand.
- Players can no longer get stuck between two palm trees at the base of the Ancient Spire.
- Players will no longer be buffered when exploring trees in Old Brimstone Fortress.
- Players will no longer be stuck on palm trees near the Order of Souls tent at Morrow’s Peak base.
Sea of Thieves 2.6.1 Update Notes – Visual and Audio
- When Ashen Lords lunge at the player, their movements are now smoother.
- The election dagger should no longer be seen hovering over the captain’s desk.
- The leaves on the Forgotten Temple Ship’s Crest now move more naturally when players are sailing.
- Fully repairing the Party Boat Wheel will no longer cause the repairs to appear on the opposite side.
- During the Tall Tale ‘The Sunken Pearl’, the stones in the Siren Shrine will no longer change shape and level of detail when seen from a distance.
- After migrating between servers, players should no longer briefly appear with an incorrect player name.
The on-screen narration now properly narrates the Name Your Ship and Rename Your Ship menus. Call of Duty Warzone: Best SVT-40 Loadout and Class
The user interface
Players with an Arena Battle Record will no longer find that confusion between Sea Dogs and The Hunter’s Call Commendations causes the incorrect Commendations summary to be displayed.
Text and localization
When talking to Catherine at Three Paces East Seapost, her dialogue now displays correctly.
The word ‘Prompt’ is now spelled correctly in the game settings.
The once infamous speedy Skeleton Captain can no longer be found on the islands beyond the Sea of Thieves, thanks to his nickname inadvertently violating the new naming filter introduced with Captaincy…
Performance and stability
Improved client performance when moving around Captain Ships that are heavily decorated with trinkets.
Improved server stability to limit scenarios where crews are removed from the game session.
Improved client memory usage by loading fishing animations only when needed.